ATM Safety & Precautions Recommendations
When using MidSouth Bank ATMs, please keep these tips in mind:
- Observe the area before approaching the ATM.
- If someone appears to be loitering around the ATM, go to another location. Then report the incident to the local police or sheriff's office.
- Try to bring someone with you when using the ATM at night.
- If the lighting around the ATM is not adequate, please report it to us by calling (337)237-8343 in Lafayette and (800)213-BANK (2265) outside Lafayette; meanwhile, use another ATM.
- Memorize your personal identification number (PIN). Don't write it on your card and always keep it secret even from your family and friends.
- Fill out all forms (such as deposit slips) beforehand and have your card ready.
- Report lost or stolen ATM cards immediately by calling (337)237-8343 in Lafayette and (800)213-BANK (2265) outside Lafayette.
During your transaction:
- If you become uncomfortable during your ATM transaction, use the "Cancel" key and leave the area.
After your transaction:
- Put your cash in your wallet right away. Don't expose or count it while in view of others.
- If someone appears to be following you, drive to the nearest well-lit, populated area instead of driving straight home. Then report the incident to the local police or sheriff's office.
- And if someone does approach you and demands your money, don't resist; remember everything you can about the person and call the police immediately after they depart.
When using night depositories:
- Observe the area before making your deposit.
- Try to bring someone with you when using the night deposit after dark.
- If you notice anything suspicious, leave without making a deposit. Then report it to the police.
- Deposit just one bag at a time; that's all most night depositories are built to handle.
- Don't resist if you are approached; remember everything you can about the person and call the police immediately.
- If you have a cell phone, bring it with you.
And if you ever do see anything suspicious at any of our ATM or night depository locations, report it to the police immediately by calling 911.
Please take a few seconds to observe the area and always exercise caution so that you can safely enjoy the many time-saving benefits of our 24-hour banking services.